Randomination

keep it real! I'm front'n
Yasmin II
Yasmin
Ikmal Edris
Kit
war
Wira
Sabree
jumpingJane
Armand
Guo
Amad Eimang
Raj
Abby
Ted
Ina
Nadia
Caryn
Hati Batu
Izwan Azrul
Haider
Gidong
© 2008 gdjock@yahoo.com
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Elizabethtown.
Yesterday must be THE off day for me. I totally sucked at hockey. I can not focus, I cannot move, I cannot do shit. Even Ayap played better than me. Unlike the other day, Coach started the training with a game, where I suckly let a goal in, the coach proceed with 3 on 3 game, which I was totalled.

After Isyak, I have nothing to do, so I went to Abe's room. I was greeted by his Afgan roomie saying (in wrecked english) the fucker just left his room for about 5 minutes ago. So I replied (in a totalled english) that I'm taking something mine from his room(which I was not). I opened his computer and decided to watch a DVD movie. There are many movies in the drawer, but since I've watched most of them, I took "Elizabethtown", and played it in the computer.

Elizabethtown, starred Orlando Bloom as Drew Baylor. Bloom is one pretty motherfucker. He's even prettier than Siti Nurhaliza and Erra Fazira, ...combined! He played Drew Baylor, who was the big time shoe designer until he caused the company to lose about a billion dollar when he designed a 'revolutionary' shoe that shaped like a manta ray. Devastated, he decided to kill himself (in a very creative way, I must say) until one call from his sister which started this whole chain of event. His dad, Mitch died in Elizabethtown, Kentucky and he has to return to his mother's.

Since his mother is in the state of shock and, she had something like bad argument with the other side of the family, as the oldest son, Drew has to go to claim his father's body and cloth him in his farvorite blue suit. In the flight, where he was alone, he met a bumbling idiot, Claire (played by Kirsten Dunst) an air crew. Bitch can't shut up. She even drew Drew the map to Elizabethtown so he won't get lost. Remember 60B!

Drew get lost. But somehow he manage to get his pretty ass to the E-town, where all the residents greet him like he is a national hero. It's kinda beautiful and surreal I must say. At his uncle's house (where his Dad died), he met his cousin Jessie, a never-made-it drummer, and his hell bound son. He also met the whole 'other side' of the family, who are warm, loud and celebrate-life kinda people.

Back at the hotel where he stayed, he was placed in a room between wedding campers of 'Chuck and Cindy'. Feeling bored he tried to call everyone. His mother is crazy (she want to learn tap dancing), his girlfriend break up with him, and his sister is still devastated by her father's death. He later called Claire, where he talked all night long and they agreed to meet halfway to each other's to witness the sunrise. The relationship blossoming, keeping in mind that Claire has a boyfriend, a slave of education (or something) Ben. However the day that they fuck each other has arrived, and Drew has to tell the truth to Claire, and Claire doesn't care, and they kinda break-up.

On the funeral day, after everybody else finished reading their funny eulogy, Drew's mother went up to pay his husband the last respect, and later burst into a tap-dancing galore where it left a warm and sweet aftertaste. Jessie is back with his band Ruckus, and sang Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird, where the giant dove finale turned into a fire mishaps. Claire who is a stewardess helped to put the panicly fun funeral party into order. She later give Dres a box, which she said not to open until he want to return to Oregon.

When he opened the box, he was presented by a road trip guide back to Oregon, with map, notes, accompanying music and all. He sprinkled his father's ashes in places along the way, talk to the maroon urn, enjoy a beer with Russ until he reaced the '2nd largest farmers market in the world' where he has the choice to go on to Oregon or find Claire. Surprise, surprise, he went to hunt Claire. And the fuck happily ever after.

I know what I bargain for when I decided to load the dvd into the cd tray. It'll be mellow, it'll be melancolic and it'll be romantic. Since this movie is directed by Cameron Crowe, expect a variety of great music like his previous works (Vanity Fair, Almost Famous). The story is good, the acting is ok and the picture is beautiful. Despite cutting for just a mere $26 million, it is a rich movie. The only problem I think is the pretty leading actor. However having said that, I can't of think any other actor who can play Drew other than Bloom. A good watch in a sunny, quiet weekend afternoon.

**fucking crap! I tried to load some of the Elizabethtown pictures here but it just won't come out!
posted at 3:57 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Every Man For Himself

“Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.”

~ Unknown

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~ Maya Angelou

“The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.”

~ Thucydides

“Everything becomes a little bit different as soon as it is spoken out loud”

~ Hermann Hesse





Advertisement / I'msellingout
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Debt Consolidation