Randomination

keep it real! I'm front'n
Yasmin II
Yasmin
Ikmal Edris
Kit
war
Wira
Sabree
jumpingJane
Armand
Guo
Amad Eimang
Raj
Abby
Ted
Ina
Nadia
Caryn
Hati Batu
Izwan Azrul
Haider
Gidong
© 2008 gdjock@yahoo.com
Monday, August 14, 2006
Bekelah Waterfall
I've been to Bekelah before, exactly a year ago. It was an unforgetable experience, I just knew I will return there someday. And last Saturday was the day. I actually didn't really decide if I wanna join the party or not, but at the last minute, I surrender to the temptation of the memory of cool crystal clear water of Bekelah.

The first assembly

The girls gossiping

Friday night, I had so much going on. I had to go to the FA class, in the same time I had a friendly game with Felda (which I had to pass), and right after the class, I went looking for anyone who has a camping bag. Almost everyone decided to go to Bekelah, including Amar who rumour has it that he has a conflict with the existing club main board (and the only candidate for me to lend me his bag). So I settled with a 5-L bag, which was frankly I thought will be an insult to the others (the volume for the ladies is at least 50-L), but WTF, I am an arrogant bastard, arrogant bastard do not care what other's feel. :) So I confidently went to the assembly place for the Bekelah's participants, as others while dripping with jealousy, mocked my 5-L backpack. The strong 57 team departed at 12 a.m by 2 buses.

I just couldn't sleep on our way there. I didn't know why, izzit because of the beautiful night along the way, or the feeling of excitement of splashing around, or these eyes were just plain stubborn. We had a quick rest at Temerloh R&R, and headed back to Bekelah 30 minutes later.

Taking sips at Temerloh

At Kg. Gelugor

The Runners

We arrived at Kg. Gelugor around 3.30 am. I went for prayer and later tried to catch some 40 winks but I couldn't. I went to check the group, and found that like 4 or 5 drunk mat rempits asking some question. They left without doing any damage, or being damaged by us. Then the group decided to send a group of runner to the camp site to make sure that we booked the whole site. I volunteered to join the group. Since, the runners' job is to be the first who reach the place, and erect the main tent, and make some drinks for the participants when they arrive later, we had to bring lots of stuff and be really quick. And since my 5-L bag is so puny, I had to look for bigger bag, and later decided to use Maggie's bag. I packed a ground sheet, some gas can,and a cooking pot. Then the seven of us (me, Minoq, Adi Kurin, Sha'ban, Spider, Fatah, Pa'an) leave the group at 5.30 am by a small truck. About 15 minutes later we arrived at the place and start hiking to the waterfall. On the way there, we found a group of Ampang-residents who were lost. They joined us for a while and after some time they stop, and we went on without them. We had a prayer and after that we continued our journey. I was the first who reached the place, at 7.30am. The journey only take around 1hour and 15 minutes, which was quite fast considering the normal hiking trip can take around 2 to 3 hours.

The arriving girls

The lepak guys

We set up the tent. After that, I take some dive at the waterfall. It was so refreshing! After that I helped the guys to set up the 'flying fox' rope, which was by the way so damn hard. Later I boiled some water and made 2 jugs of warm tea. And then I went to the flying fox place to help tighten the ropes. Later around 9am the team arrived one by one. They gulped my tea and take a rest at either the tent or under the shady trees. I had to went back to the trail to help some participants who were either too tired or got injured along the way. The Latepackers (the alumni of ARC club) reached later with Kicok brought along his 1 year old son.

Kicok and Haziq

Camp Management bullshit by Nazri and Minog

Cooking time

The Waterfall

The doughnut

Fun with the doughnut

Chicks!

After some talks about camp managements, we started the fun with water confident activity and flying fox. Some of the girls were so natural with water but most of them squeaked when they started to sink. But it's pretty clear that they had tonnes of fun, except for Lila Bomba, which freaked out everytime the water level reached her nose. The boys came splashing down one by one from the flying fox ropes. Most of them had a nasty on-the-belly fell. Alas, some came for more. After that we were free to do anything we please. I went on swimming until I'm literally lembik.

Flying Foxy

Fight the current

Pak Nol and Jojie

Crystal clear water and Kem

Ice breaking session without the ice pecks!

At night we have a small talk with the Latepackers and ice breaking sessions. After that we played cards, some played Uno stacko and some chatting till early morning. The tent was so crowded I had to sleep at the cooking area, without any sleeping bag or rubber mat, which I totally regret because the night turned violently chilly.

The natural swimming pool. View of the pond from top of the waterfall.

Another view

Freestyle diving contest. Contestant #5, Eimang!

I woke around 7am, and helped Rozie to cook some breakfast. At 9am, some participants went to the top of the waterfall but I just couldn't let the water go. I did some serious diving, to the point where my ears hurt like hell. However all good thing must come to an end. We had to pack our this as the bus that will bring us back to KL will arrive at 6pm. By 2 pm, I took off with a group of girls, the first team to go. I had to slow down as some of the girls were very ground-kissing friendly, and consistently slipped as if the rock was covered with lotion. I even had some luck when a girl fell down on me and all I was able to do was 'catch' her chest. Around 4.30pm, I arrived at the mosque, couldn't take a shower because Maggie decided to exchange my bag with another girl, and she wasn't arrived yet. After the girl arrived, I took a quick shower, a change of fresh clothes and headed to the nearest hawker to have some drinks.

My posse at the stall

BEKELAH!!

We leave at 7pm. At the Temerloh R&R, Maggie bought me dinner which was nice. We arrived at UIA around 10pm, and I headed straight back to room and slept a few seconds later.

More pictures later...
posted at 9:55 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Every Man For Himself

“Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.”

~ Unknown

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~ Maya Angelou

“The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.”

~ Thucydides

“Everything becomes a little bit different as soon as it is spoken out loud”

~ Hermann Hesse





Advertisement / I'msellingout
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Debt Consolidation