Randomination

keep it real! I'm front'n
Yasmin II
Yasmin
Ikmal Edris
Kit
war
Wira
Sabree
jumpingJane
Armand
Guo
Amad Eimang
Raj
Abby
Ted
Ina
Nadia
Caryn
Hati Batu
Izwan Azrul
Haider
Gidong
© 2008 gdjock@yahoo.com
Friday, February 08, 2008
Awesome Roxy

Its Chinese New Year, and I got nowhere to go, so I was like kickin' back and checking on the internet to kill time. I stumbled upon this site, foundmagazine.com. Basically its about stuff people found around them, that intriguing and sometimes funny. Well my ADD infested mind kinda attracted to this 'finding', found by a worker of a physiotherapy clinic in Ontario, Canada.

The note says

"Whoever is reading this I hope you like my drawing. Here is a little story about my life. My name is Roxy and I only have one leg because my other one was cut off because it had cancer."
and at the back of the tissue paper, scribed
"when I was 4 my parents dead cause of a car accident and I was adopted now I'm in grade 4 that's a little story about my life
Roxy"

First, it broke my heart. Kinda feel bad for her. Lost her leg in such a young age. And with cancer, being orphan and adopted, man she's sure must be the unluckiest and saddest kid around.

But, I missed the most important detail. She may be the unluckiest but she's probably the happiest kid alive. Just look at her drawing. The ethereal happy face. With just 3 'magic pen' she somehow manage to say "I'm OK." Roxy, you are my hero. You are the most courageous person I know.

Thank you for the reality check, Roxy.

Labels:

posted at 12:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Every Man For Himself

“Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.”

~ Unknown

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~ Maya Angelou

“The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.”

~ Thucydides

“Everything becomes a little bit different as soon as it is spoken out loud”

~ Hermann Hesse





Advertisement / I'msellingout
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Debt Consolidation