Randomination

keep it real! I'm front'n
Yasmin II
Yasmin
Ikmal Edris
Kit
war
Wira
Sabree
jumpingJane
Armand
Guo
Amad Eimang
Raj
Abby
Ted
Ina
Nadia
Caryn
Hati Batu
Izwan Azrul
Haider
Gidong
© 2008 gdjock@yahoo.com
Monday, June 16, 2008
Golden Chersonese

I found this discarded Time mag with Barack Obama stares euphorically at an imaginary happy space in the cover. I picked it up and read it after I reached my room. I was surprised when I saw an article about Malaysia featured in the mag. It's about Malaysia confusing its identity. Izzit a muslim country or not? This proudly self-proclaimed multicultural pot is masking its brewing internal problem with it's economic growth and self-asserted harmonious cultural environment. Many problems such as corruption and religion clashes in judiciary systems, caste and race segregating National Economic Plans, political backbiting and filtered journalism were highlighted in the article. After I finished reading it, I ended up feeling ashamed, disgusted and mad. And with the unstable current situation, I cannot help but to feel hopeless and depressed.

However I continued reading the mag. About Pakistan, Venezuela, United States and other countries... and something struck me. Everyone feel discontented with their own birth land. There's issues for everyone, and complaints after complaints printed on that thin half-glossy mag. Seriously, people will never please with what they have, and always strive for more. These material and worldly gluttony and fanaticism really unmasked our ugly nature. Are we the greatest creature on the face of earth or the worst?

Now I'm confused. Should I relax coz this is what we are meant to be, or should I change even when the whole world not?

Labels:

posted at 7:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Every Man For Himself

“Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.”

~ Unknown

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~ Maya Angelou

“The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.”

~ Thucydides

“Everything becomes a little bit different as soon as it is spoken out loud”

~ Hermann Hesse





Advertisement / I'msellingout
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Debt Consolidation