Randomination

keep it real! I'm front'n
Yasmin II
Yasmin
Ikmal Edris
Kit
war
Wira
Sabree
jumpingJane
Armand
Guo
Amad Eimang
Raj
Abby
Ted
Ina
Nadia
Caryn
Hati Batu
Izwan Azrul
Haider
Gidong
© 2008 gdjock@yahoo.com
Sunday, February 08, 2009
cny

I planned to stay for Chinese New Year despite a rare four days break from work. Other than the independent gene I probably inherit from my father, I am on tight budget, which was why I decided to have a quality time in solitary. A few days earlier, my sister called me to ask whether I will return home because my family are staying at my great-gramps house for a kenduri. I told her that I'm not. Then a couple of days later, my grandmother called to say hi. She asked the same question and I gave her the same answer.

After the call I my mind wrestled to reconsider my earlier decision. Throwing logic thinking and cautions in the wind, I ended boarding a very late night bus to JB. Then I went straight to Pontian in the morning after a night stay at my uncles. I was beyond tired because I didn't get enough sleep, mainly because my night was disturbed by a very loud Persian cat in heat - her partner died a month ago, so she need to satisfy her female urges, ON ME!

I reached my great gramps house and my big fat family were surprised. They were preparing the dishes and souvenirs for the kenduri, and I ended up flaming the satays, all 1500 of them.

After that, I took my mom, my brother and my grandma to the town, had some drinks and food, and brought my grandma a rice cooker because she's not keen with her current 'too modern' rice cooker. Then we went back just before the kenduri started. And I (ahem) slept during the kenduri.

The next day I had to take the KL bound bus because there was no Seremban bound bus left.

I'm broke, but it worth it, as long as my family is happy.

Labels: ,

posted at 5:28 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:25:00 AM, Blogger nurulshima said…

    dats very nice of u hunn, very thoughtful, being broke because of ur loved ones is one of d best sacrifice ever. i am on a tight budget, too but hell yeah, i'll go back this weekend to accompany my mom and sister :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Every Man For Himself

“Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.”

~ Unknown

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~ Maya Angelou

“The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.”

~ Thucydides

“Everything becomes a little bit different as soon as it is spoken out loud”

~ Hermann Hesse





Advertisement / I'msellingout
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Debt Consolidation