Randomination

keep it real! I'm front'n
Yasmin II
Yasmin
Ikmal Edris
Kit
war
Wira
Sabree
jumpingJane
Armand
Guo
Amad Eimang
Raj
Abby
Ted
Ina
Nadia
Caryn
Hati Batu
Izwan Azrul
Haider
Gidong
© 2008 gdjock@yahoo.com
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Doyok


I woke up this morning with short breaths, which is weird because I never have that before. Maybe it was cold last night, or my coughing, or something else. After lunch and a couple of cancer sticks, everything seems normal again.

Later, right after I got home from my daily workouts, I got the message that shook the ground under my feet. My friend passed away. I couldn't believe my eyes. Immediately I was swarmed with confusing emotions. I was sad, but I was mad too.

I called my friend who gave me the text. He said that my friend died from a heart attack this morning while playing badminton with his friends. It feels like my senses betrayed me as I couldn't believe my ears. Heart attack? That is just ridiculous. I called my other friends to relay the news and they were as shocked as me.

Ahmad Zulkamal Shahrir, or as affectionately called, Doyok by close friends was my classmate in form 4 and 5. We sat next to each other for the whole two years and he was one cool, popular guy. Basically he was my stepping stone into the social clique because before that I was a selfish total nerd. I was riding on his tail coat the whole time until I could established myself as one of the player.

After school ended, I barely see him, but sometimes when we do, we were best buddies again. We went to different directions. He was a lawyer at an AG chamber, and I went to this dead end. Sometimes last year, something happened and I secretly began to despise him. I cut all contacts with my old schoolmates, ignoring all invitations and whatnots. I guess I just need some time to heal. But clearly, I just wasted the time I had. My heart's aching. I regretted my douchebaggerish actions, but yet I failed to recognize it everysinglefuckingtime. I'm trippin so bad.

His funeral is tomorrow's morning, but I ain't going. I'm not burying my brother.

Doyok, rest in peace bro. Gonna miss you. Al-Fatihah...

I still feel such a sorrow every time I look at this picture.

Update: One of Zulkamal's friend commented on this post, and told me what really happened.
"On the contrary, it wasnt really a heart attack whilst he was playing badminton. It was actually a brain hemorrhage due to blood rush. He didnt collapse at the badminton court. It was after he was stopped from playing, standing outside to take fresh air.

Doc said arwah was like a walking time bomb. It was unfortunate that it happened at that moment. Nonetheless, he passed away peacefully, without any pain and surrounded by loving, caring friends.

Even at his funeral, close friends, colleagues, bosses were there to pay their last respect.

Dont take your life for granted. No matter how stressful it can be, take some time to rest well."

Thanks Sharin for the correction. Would you please give me you email or your number? I need to talk to you. Thanks.

Labels: , ,

posted at 2:42 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At Monday, February 23, 2009 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Qaisy Jaslenda said…

    sorry to hear that.

    but i really think u should've visited him for the last time.



    Heart attack. the greatest killer nowadays. He took my dad.

    Al Fatihah for them.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Iron Butterfly said…

    he was my bff's roommate back in Shah Alam. my bff went to pahang to pay his last respects and helped bury him (literally).

    Al-Fatihah.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    On the contrary, it wasnt really a heart attack whilst he was playing badminton. It was actually a brain hemorrhage due to blood rush. He didnt collapse at the badminton court. It was after he was stopped from playing, standing outside to take fresh air.

    Doc said arwah was like a walking time bomb. It was unfortunate that it happened at that moment. Nonetheless, he passed away peacefully, without any pain and surrounded by loving, caring friends.

    Even at his funeral, close friends, colleagues, bosses were there to pay their last respect.

    Dont take your life for granted. No matter how stressful it can be, take some time to rest well.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    no prob, here's my email: norsharin.alias@gmail.com. If you want further details, email me.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    always miss him.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Every Man For Himself

“Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.”

~ Unknown

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~ Maya Angelou

“The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.”

~ Thucydides

“Everything becomes a little bit different as soon as it is spoken out loud”

~ Hermann Hesse





Advertisement / I'msellingout
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Debt Consolidation